top of page

Group

Public·28 members

Chicken Shack: A British Blues Band with 40 Albums in Four Decades

Chicken Shack: A British Blues Band with 40 Albums in Four Decades

Chicken Shack is a blues rock band that was formed in the mid-1960s by guitarist and vocalist Stan Webb, bassist Andy Silvester, and drummer Alan Morley. The band later added keyboardist and singer Christine Perfect, who would become famous as Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac. Chicken Shack has gone through many lineup changes over the years, but Webb has remained the only constant member.

The band's discography spans four decades, from 1968 to 2010, and includes 40 albums of studio recordings, live performances, compilations, and reissues. The band's debut album, 40 Blue Fingers, Freshly Packed and Ready to Serve, was released in 1968 on the Blue Horizon label and reached No. 12 on the UK Albums Chart. The album featured a mix of original songs and blues covers, such as "I'd Rather Go Blind" by Etta James and "The Letter" by The Box Tops.

's) Chicken Shack - Discography 40 Album (1968-2010)

The band's second album, O.K. Ken?, was released in 1969 and reached No. 9 on the UK Albums Chart. The album showcased the band's versatility, with songs ranging from hard rock to jazz to country. The album also included a tribute to blues legend Freddie King, who was an influence on Webb's guitar style.

The band's third album, 100 Ton Chicken, was released in 1969 and marked a departure from the Blue Horizon label. The album featured a more experimental sound, with horns, strings, and keyboards added to the blues rock formula. The album also featured a guest appearance by saxophonist Johnny Almond, who would later join John Mayall's band.

The band's fourth album, Accept Chicken Shack, was released in 1970 and was the last one to feature Christine Perfect, who left to join Fleetwood Mac. The album was a return to the band's roots, with more emphasis on guitar and vocals. The album also included a cover of "Tears in the Wind" by Joe South.

The band's fifth album, Imagination Lady, was released in 1971 on the Deram label and introduced a new lineup, with Paul Raymond on keyboards, Bob Daisley on bass, and Dave Bidwell on drums. The album was a heavier and more psychedelic affair, with songs like "Crying Won't Help You Now" and "Daughter of the Hillside". The album also included a reworking of "The Thrill Is Gone" by B.B. King.

The band's sixth album, Unlucky Boy, was released in 1973 and was the last one on the Deram label. The album featured a similar lineup as the previous one, with Keef Hartley replacing Bidwell on drums. The album was a more polished and commercial effort, with songs like "You Know You Could Be Right" and "As Time Goes Passing By". The album also included a cover of "Stan the Man" by John Mayall.

The band's seventh album, Goodbye Chicken Shack, was released in 1974 and was a compilation of tracks from their previous albums. The album also included two new songs, "Everyday I Have the Blues" and "I Wanna See My Baby". The album marked the end of the band's first phase, as Webb decided to disband Chicken Shack and pursue a solo career.

The band's eighth album, Stan Webb's Chicken Shack, was released in 1977 and marked the revival of the band under Webb's name. The album featured a new lineup, with Robbie Blunt on guitar, Ed Spevock on drums, Rob Hull on bass, and Tony Ashton on keyboards. The album was a more funk-oriented affair, with songs like "Shake Your Money Maker" and "Reconsider Baby". The album also included a cover of "Sweet Little Angel" by Lucille Bogan.

The band's ninth album, That's the Way We Are, was released in 1978 and featured the same lineup as the previous one. The album was a more rock-oriented affair, with songs like "You'll Be Mine" and "The End". The album also included a cover of 0efd9a6b88

https://www.carguyslive.com/group/carguyslive-my-favorite-watering-hole/discussion/0acf7d8b-2de9-4bf7-ba8e-59a1efd74f22

https://www.jsbottlecrafts.com/group/js-bottle-crafts-group/discussion/feb40846-f24f-440e-bc97-47fbca46808f

https://www.dermigen.info/group/dermigen-group/discussion/f78c7369-0371-4aba-8676-51f068a95ae9

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page